After more than 20000 downloads in a few months, today 12 november 2010 we have released version 1.0.0 of Burg-manager. It has been created by myself Ingalex in cooperation with Canopus0003 and Tux10, this version of the Burg-manager has a long series of innovations. We have fixed some bugs that we found, and we have added new features, and also we have improved some existing functionalities . Among the notable changes we can mention:
- Added new tab “boot iso” to add some menuentry to boot iso linux distribution directly from burg
- Joined “Basic Parameters” tab and “Advanced Parameters” tab into “Parameters” tab
- Added a function to restore burg into MBR after a kernel upgrade
- Added a button to remove old kernel and related menuentry
- Added a button to restore burg-manager setting to the first time which has been executed
- Added new themes to “Themes installer” tab
- Added a live updater and notificator
- Applied some bugfixes
I remember that burg-manager has been translated to different languages:
- romanian (incompleted, not received yet for 1.0.0 version)
In this regard I take this opportunity to thank all those who have made the various localization:
- Brazilian & Portuguese localization – Filipo Tardim
- Dutch localization – Dennis Van der Meer
- French localization – Stephane Robert
- German localization - Janek Bettinger
- Hungarian localization – Richard Somlói
- Indonesian localization – Ibrahim Surya Perkasa
- Polish localization – Piotr Boruta
- Spanish localization – Bernardo Miguel Savone
- Swedish localization – Robert Blomqvist
- Romanian localization – Marius Bob
Currently Buc doesn’t support UTF-8, so we found several problems inserting some locations such as traditional Chinese and others.
If you have any solution to this problem please contact us.
Regarding the installation of the burg-manager you can refer to this guide.
If the Burg-manager has not yet been translated into your language and you want to collaborate to translation please contact me.
We have planned that into burg-manager next release will be added also the features to download iso if you don’t have downloaded it first, so user have not to search it on the web. Possibility to boot other iso will be added. If you are able to boot other iso using burg, please send to me the correct menuentry parameters, so i can add it to the burg-manager.
Then we want to expand burg-manager feature and we want to create a sort of boot-manager to manage and configure burg, grub and plymouth.
In addition I would remind that soon will be released also gambas porting of Burg-manager which has been started by Mefrio, Tux10 and Davide Fresilli, but actually M4iden_Rul3z has made a graphic restyle and he has rewrote the code for some features.
If you have any suggestions about new features to implement in the burg-manager, or if you want to give advice on how to improve it, you can express your opinion by the comments.
If you have already installed any previous version of burg-manager and now you have installed version 1.0.0, if burg-manager doesn’t start, purge it executing:
sudo apt-get purge burg-manager
sudo rm -rf ~/.burg-manager
sudo rm -rf /root/.burg-manager
Then reinstall it:
sudo dpkg -i burg-manager*